Monday, November 19, 2012

1. When I was in the lab, I selected a piece of architecture.  I picked the colliseum because I didn't think other people would pick it. Then, I changed the composition on the photo so that there was a large contrast between the dark and the white.
2. The photos I picked in the collage were all from art books.  The reason I picked them is because I liked the pieces of art.  To fill some space, I used plain text.  The pictures didn't really relate to the picture.
3. I cut out the positive space on my pic.  I did this because I thought it would be easier than having to cut out the negative space. 
4. I had to keep my fingers away from the Xacto knife.  When I cut, I kept the knife parallel to the paper, and didn't dig into the paper with it.  The biggest challenge I faced while cutting was actually cutting all the way through.  It was common for me to cut and then having to go over again to finish it up.
5. I picked yellow and purple for my spray paint.  I did this because they are two colors that go well together.  When I actually spray painted, it was pretty easy.  I had to keep the paint close to the holes in the paper, and it turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment